I can't believe this day has finally come - I'm proud to present The Faces of Feminism! This project is the product of many months of planning, advertising, and worst of all waiting, but it turned out better than I'd hoped. I set out to collect at least 100 photographs of "self-proclaimed feminists" and by joe, I've done it!
I've said this in the past, but I'll say it again: sometimes identifying as a feminist can be tough when there are so many people in this world dead-set on tearing you down. This post is for any feminist who's ever felt alone in their struggle. The 100+ people pictured below are here to tell you that you're not alone.
Feminists: We're out there. Everywhere.
One of my main hopes for this post is to show how diverse the feminist community really is. Scroll down and you'll see we've got quite the eclectic mix of nationalities, styles, genders, pets (heh), etc. It sounds lame, but as I scroll through these pictures I'm overwhelmed by a sense of awe and admiration. These are real people, dangit. They're not airbrushed. They're not paid spokesmodels. They're just like you and me . . .
So! Mull around, click on the pictures to check out some of these peoples' websites, and have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
(I'll end with some Thanksgiving-inspired corniness:)
- I'm thankful that I live at a time where something like this project is possible.
- I'm thankful to know that there are others out there who share my passion for social justice, empowerment, and change.
- I'm thankful that feminism has been such a huge part of my life for the time that it has.
- I'm thankful to everyone who participated in this post.
- And I'm thankful for the readers who actually give a rat's you-know-what about this blog, and inspire me to keep writing!